Senate Media Services, a nonpartisan office of the Minnesota Senate, produces television programs,
photographic services and multi-media products to raise public awareness of the Senate and
Functions and Services
Senate Media Services is responsible for the following:
- Producing and distributing television coverage of Senate floor sessions and select committee
- Producing and distributing a weekly public affairs television program, Capitol Report, that
features current Minnesota issues and legislators' views on pending legislation.
- Producing Session Update, which is broadcast during legislative session coverage and provides
timely, accurate information on legislative and executive actions, press conferences and events.
- Providing live and archive video streaming services for the Senate's website.
- Providing news organizations with media resources, including live television video feeds,
recorded events and photographs.
- Providing photo archive services for the Senate, the public and news organizations.
|Minnesota Senate Media Coverage - Video Production
The Minnesota Senate provides live and archive coverage of Senate floor sessions and
committee hearings, and archive coverage of press conferences, special events, Capitol
Reports, and civic education. All programming coverage is produced by Senate Media
Services. Audio coverage is recorded and reported by Senate Committee staff and Senate
Sergeant At Arms office.
|Senate Facebook Photos
||The Secretary of the Senate, Media Services Office, provides a collection of images of the
Senate Chamber and Capitol area on Facebook. All images are copyright Minnesota Senate Media Services
Timeline and Calendar Highlights
- Senate Media Services produces television broadcasts of Senate floor sessions,
select committee hearings and Session Update, which features issue-oriented press
conferences and legislative events.
- Senate Media Services produces Capitol Report, a weekly public affairs television
broadcast program featuring current Minnesota issues and legislators' views on
- The department provides live and archive video streaming services, which are
available at www.senate.mn/media.
- The department produces photo archives of Senate floor sessions, committee hearings
and issue-oriented press conferences.
- Senate Media Services continues to produces Capitol Report, a weekly public affairs
television broadcast program featuring new Minnesota laws, current Minnesota issues
and legislators' views on pending legislation.
- The department produces civic education videos and interactive CDs for teachers and
students. Check out available civic education videos at www.senate.mn/media.
- The department produces short documentaries and informational videos for broadcast
during session and appropriate Senate events.
- The department provides design, display and photographic services for various Senate
publications, the Horizons program and the Minnesota State Fair.
Media Staff List
||Director Engineering and Operations
||Director Media Services