Tuesday, April 5, 2016
8:30 AM, Room 1100, Minnesota Senate Bldg.
Present: Senator Tony Lourey - Chair, Senator Melisa Franzen - Vice Chair, Senator Jim Abeler, Senator Michelle R. Benson, Senator Jim Carlson, Senator Kent Eken, Senator Michelle L. Fischbach, Senator Foung Hawj, Senator Jeff Hayden, Senator Julie A. Rosen, Senator Kathy Sheran
Absent: No Members Absent
Senator Lourey called the meeting to order at 8:40 a.m.
Senator Lourey presented S.F. 3332. Senator Lourey moved an oral amendment, “delete Article 6, sections 7 through 18. AMENDMENT ADOPTED.
• Jerry Kerber, Inspector General, Department of Human Services
• Elizabeth Roe, Department of Human Services, Child Care Assistance Program
• Michael Garrity, Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance
• Senta Leff, Minnesota Coalition for the Homeless
• Mary Roehl, Vinland National Center
• Mary Turner, MN Nurses Association
• Sarah Greenfield, TakeAction Minnesota
• Hue Nguyen, Department of Education
• Nina Huntington, Steele County Commissioner, Minnesota Association of County Social Service Administrators (MACSSA)
• Angela Youngerberg, Minnesota Inter-County Association, (MACSSA)
• Alan Roy, White Earth Nation
• Graciela Ibarra, citizen
• Linda Higgins, Hennepin County Commissioner
• Joan Brandt, MN Coalition for Targeted Home Visiting, St. Paul/Ramsey County Public Health
• Bruce Nelson, ARRM
• Sue Abderholden, NAMI Minnesota
• Claire Wilson, Minnesota Association of Community Mental Health Programs
• Sarah Strong, MSPWin
• Anne Henry, MN Disability Law Center
• Jessica Webster, Legal Services Advocacy Project
Senator Sheran recessed the meeting at 11:47 a.m.
Senator Franzen called the meeting to order at 6:13 p.m.
• Kathleen Church, child care provider
• Allie Freidrichs, Local Public Health Association of Minnesota
• David Godfrey, Hennepin County Medical Center
• Julie Seidell, child care provider
• Mary Krinkie, MN Hospitals Association
• Kelly Wolfe, Children’s Hospitals and Clinics
• Ethan Vogel, AFSCME Council 5
• Barb Laidlaw, Child and Adolescent Behavioral Health Services Program, Willmar
• Tim Headlee, Minnesota Security Hospital
• Anne Mehltretter, Minnesota Security Hospital
• Krista Goettl, Minnesota Security Hospital
• Mary Jo George, AARP Minnesota
• Dr. Trisha Stark, Minnesota Psychological Association
• Jessica Anderson, Kids Can’t Wait coalition
• Shannah Mulvihill, Mental Health Minnesota
• Patrick Ness, Amherst H. Wilder Foundation
• Terese Hermann, community member
• Beverly Turner, Catholic Charities of St. Paul & Minneapolis
• Ben Gustafson, Fraser
• Rick Hammergren, MN Organization for Habilitation and Rehabilitation (MOHR), Opportunity Partners
• Lisa Smestad, City of Minneapolis Health Department, Asthma Care Coalition
• Eric Dick, Minnesota Medical Association
• Clare Sanford, MN Child Care Associations
• Heidi Mathson, Dyste Williams, Agent Coalition for Health Care Reform
• Scott Melby, Minnesota Security Hospital
• Dan Pollock, Minnesota Department of Health (MDH)
Senator Sheran moved the A-76 Amendment. AMENDMENT ADOPTED. Senator Sheran moved adoption of the A-8 Amendment. Senator Rosen moved an oral amendment of the A-8 Amendment, “line 1.7 delete “though” and insert “through”. AMENDMENT ADOPTED. Senator Sheran adoption of the A-8 Amendment as orally amended. AMENDMENT ADOPTED. Senator Lourey moved S.F. 3332 as amended be laid over for possible inclusion in the Omnibus Article. MOTION
S.F. 3332: Senator Lourey: Human services, health, health licensing boards, and mental health and
developmental disabilities ombudsman supplemental appropriations; forecast
adjustments; health care, children and family services, continuing care, and
mental health provisions modifications.
Senator Lourey moved that S.F. 3332, as amended, laid over for possible inclusion in the omnibus bill. - MOTION PREVAILED.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:15 p.m.
Senator Tony Lourey, Chair
Patricia Rooney, Legislative Assistant